Saturday 20 August 2011

Blogs

The thing I love and hate about blogs is that you don't know who reads them, or if anyone reads them. But I guess that gives us the freedom to write to whatever audience we choose without worrying about how it will be interpreted or judged.
I write as though I am writing in a journal that I might read 25 years from now because it helps me to not delete everything I say as soon as I say it. I hope someone reads it, and if they don't, that's okay too. More than anything, I'm writing for me. There are a lot of stories I want to tell and if no one reads them now, maybe one day they will.
I'm trying to write a book, so sometimes its hard to focus on writing in here, and be real and be me when my mind is in the head of my characters. But I'm starting to think that its important to do both. To take that little bit of time to come back to myself. Because in my story, there is a happy ending. The kind I would write for myself, if I was able to. But in here, there is no ending at all. Its about the little moments, the ones that feel like they might kill me, and also the ones that make me remember all the things I have to value.

And later on, I will be able to come back and take inspiration and ideas from how I was feeling when these things happened, and give experiences and voices to new characters. That's the hope at least. If nothing else, I love writing, and I love the feeling of calm that it gives me.

I wonder what starts other people blogging? (And I really wonder where the word 'Blog' came from) Its an interesting phenomena to me, this idea of sending our stories and thoughts out into a world not really knowing whether its going to mean anything at all to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment