Tuesday 13 September 2011

September

I love the month of September. All kinds of great things happen. My birthday, fall weather, back to school. Its when I make my 'New Years' Resolutions, because I've never been a big fan of New Years in January.
Most years on the real New Years something bad always happens. This past one was really great, except when I fell up the stairs in front of a whole bunch of people. Prior to this year, my New Years celebrations have been major failures. Once, my boyfriend insisted we spend the night partying with his friends instead of mine, and then he got trashed before midnight and he was throwing up when the ball dropped. In highschool, one year the boy I was totally in love with showed up at a party with his girlfriend of the moment and I had to watch them make out all night. The year after that I ended up being accused of messing around with my best guy friend whose girlfriend hated me, when nothing at all had happened.

So to say the least, I like September as the time to make resolutions and goals. And I realize this year, I am in a really great place. I have two jobs, one that I love and one that challenges me and keeps the bills paid. I'm determined to do well in school and I really like my classes, which helps a lot. I know what I want to do with my life when I'm done school, and I'm actively working on one of my biggest life's goals: writing a book.
The past year has been really tough, and there are still a few...loose ends and certain things I haven't quite dealt with fully. But I know where I'm at, and where I want to be and that gives me hope that I'll get there.

Its a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment